Walnut has been popular among woodworkers in the United States for generations as it offers a rich brown color and easy workability.
All our Walnut thin wood and lumber is Black Walnut and has been steamed to match the sapwood and heartwood color.
- Common Names: Walnut, Black Walnut, American Walnut, Eastern Walnut, Juglans nigra
- Origin: Midwest and eastern United States
- Color: Dark nut brown
- Janka Hardness: 1010 lbs/ft
- Avg. Weight: 3.33 lbs/bdft
- General Workability: Walnut has good workability. It cuts, laser engraves, takes nails and screws, and glues well. Walnut finishes with a high polish.
Project Ready? These thin wood sheets are perfect for scroll sawing, laser cutting and engraving, thick veneers, and much more.
Our Project Ready Walnut boards are kiln dried and surfaced and sanded to 150 grit on two sides.
Sizes are exact. |
This is all solid Walnut hardwood, not plywood, and is not glued. |
100% satisfaction guaranteed.
These Walnut boards are solid hardwood, sanded to 150 grit on two sides. Sizes are exact.